Montana FWP Issues Invalid Tags
By Dan Pickar
In when FWP employees entered the wrong quotas for some sheep and moose districts during the time the drawing took place. Tag quotas are determined by the commission and there is no exception for entering wrong quotas during the drawing. The computer knows the order of the drawing so the hunters that are at the bottom of the successful applicant list will have their tag revoked because of the error. The units and species of the errors are as follows.
Sheep licenses are:
- 482-20: drew 20 applicants, but the quota was 15.
- 482-30: drew 40 applicants, but the quota was five.
- 622-30: drew 20 applicants, but the quota was 10.
- 680-31: drew 40 applicants, but the quota was 30.
- 270-50: drew three applicants, but the quota was two.
- 332-00: drew eight applicants, but the quota was six.
- 341-50: drew three applicants, but the quota was two.
Ram tags, ewe tags, cow moose and bull moose tags are all in this mix, including 482-20, perhaps the most coveted area for bighorn rams in the lower 48. So, to the hunters that get their tags revoked, keep your chin up, it could be worse. Oh wait, no it can’t!